With cumulative update KB5001342, Microsoft released Windows 10 build 17763.1879 for devices as of October 2018 (version 1809). This is a major update for Windows 10 1809 that brings security and non-security fixes. All authentic devices connected to a Microsoft server will automatically install the update via Windows Update. However, some users report that the Windows 10 update cannot be installed : 2021-04 Summary Update for Windows 10 version 1809 for x64-based systems (KB5001342) – Error 0070bc2 or 00f0984 .
Could not install Windows 10 update
Windows 10 update error 0070bc2fault occurred while trying to install cumulative update KB5001342In fact, after downloading the update KB5001342, Windows 10 (version 1809) starts installing, but at the end the installation of the update is interrupted with error 0070BC2.For some other users, the installation reaches 70% and then it returns. This happened several times during the day.
Fixed installation errorin Windows 10 KB5001342.
There are many reasons (security software, antivirus, update error, corrupted update database cache) that cause Windows Update to freeze or fail to install, etc. Here is a solution that worked for me!
- Type cmd in the search box on the taskbar.
- Right-click on the command line in the search results and select Run as administrator. (Select Yes when asked to verify the user account).
- In Administration : In the command prompt window, type the following command and press Enter : Configuration SC trustedinstaller start=auto
- Restart your computer.
In some cases, a restart may be necessary. If you look under Settings > Update & Security and see the status message : While waiting for a reboot, reboot the PC a second time to complete the installation.
Clear update database cache
If the Windows 10 update KB5001342 gets stuck at 0% or 99% during download or does not install completely, something may have gone wrong with the file itself. If you delete the folder in which all update files are stored, Windows Update is forced to download the new files.
- To do this, type services.msc from the Start menu and press Enter.
- Then find the Windows Update service, right-click on it, and select Stop.
- Do the same with your associated BITS (Background Intelligent Transfer Service).
- Now go to the following link: C:WindowsSoftwareDistributionDownload.
- Delete everything in the folder, but not the folder itself.
- To do this, press CTRL + A to select all, then press the Delete key to delete the files.
Reopen Windows Services and restart the services (Windows Update, BITS) that you stopped earlier.
Troubleshooting Windows Update
After removing the old corrupted update files, run the Windows Update Diagnostics program. This tool is specifically designed to detect and fix problems that prevent Windows from updating when you download and install it.
- Press Windows + I to open the Settings application,
- Click Update and Security, not Troubleshoot,
- Select Windows Update and click on Run Troubleshooter,
- This will detect and diagnose problems that prevent the installation of the Windows update.
- During troubleshooting, the operation of the update service and associated services is checked,
- Check if the update database is corrupted,
- Restart Windows after the diagnostic process is complete.
- And again: Look for Windows updates under Settings, Updates and Security,
- Check if it helps to download and install updates without errors.
Disable and restart security software
Also, turn off any security software or virus protection (if installed), check for updates, install any available updates, and then turn on virus protection.
Restarting the computer may also help. If third-party software causes a conflict, download and install Windows updates. Here’s how:
- Go to the search box > type msconfig
- Select System Setup > Click on the Services tab.
- Select Hide all Microsoft services > Disable all
Hide all Microsoft services Go to Start tab > Open Task Manager > Disable all unnecessary services. Restart the computer and check for updates. Let’s hope Windows updates are downloaded and installed without errors this time.
Install Windows Update manually
If all the above solutions didn’t solve the problem, but the Windows update keeps hanging at startup or won’t install, then you need to install the Windows updates manually. Go to the Windows 10 Update History website, where you can view logs of all Windows updates released so far.
Note down the KB number of the last released update.
Now use the Windows Update Catalog website to find the updates indicated by the KB number you registered. Download the update according to the version 32bit = x86 or 64bit = x64.
(Status: 16. April 2021 – KB5001342 (OS Build 17763.1879) is the latest patch for Windows 10 October 2018 Update. And KB5001337 (OS Build 18363.1500) is the latest patch for Windows 10 version 1909.
Open the downloaded file to install the update.
After installing the updates, restart your computer to apply the changes. Even if you are stuck in the process of updating Windows, you can just use the official multimedia authoring tool to update Windows 10 version 2004 without any errors or problems.
Execute DISM command
Sometimes problems when installing an update can be caused by damaged system files. If this is the case, Microsoft suggests running the Deployment Image & Servicing Management (DISM) utility to resolve some Windows corruption issues. Then run the command sfc /scannow and ok to scan and fix the missing corrupted system files. When the scan is 100% complete, restart Windows and check for updates.
Did any of these solutions solve the problem? Tell us about it in the comments below. Besides, the reading
frequently asked questions
How do I correct error 0xC1900101?
How do I fix the Windows Update error 024a105?
How can I correct error 0240023?
august 2020 windows 10 updatekb4565349 not installingkb4566424 issueskb4565349 known issueswindows august 11, 2020 updates0x800f080a,People also search for,Feedback,august 2020 windows 10 update,kb4565349 not installing,kb4566424 issues,kb4565349 known issues,windows august 11, 2020 updates,0x800f080a,cve-2020-1472 patch