Season Three came out of the gate FIRING ON ALL CYLINDERS! I’m still in shock from that premiere. *major spoilers below*
I’m rewatching the episode as I type to get some of his lines right. This episode was chock full of fantastic, fierce, and fiery one liners.
- Joe Morton KILLED IT as Papa Pope. Act One was amazing. I basically wrote a dissertation below; lots of questions about him & his motivations.
- I want to know what happened to Olivia’s mom and the plane crash. I have a feeling that will be important*[theory at the bottom]
- Shonda did a great job of using dialogue to express character and relationships.
- Fitz basically told us he leaked the name halfway through the episode.
- Harrison is Liv’s champion and she (still) refuses him. I blame Papa Pope.
- “I know more than you could possibly imagine; about things of which you cannot possibly dream.”
- “Just to be clear, I am the hell AND the high-water.”
- “You have to be what?” “Twice as good.” “Twice as good as them to get half of what they have.”
- “I am done with you and your superiority and your rudeness.”
- “I am a monster, but honey, I’m your monster.”
- “The White House will destroy you.” “That’s what mom used to tell me about you.”
- “The time has come; I want it to come.”
Tl;dr under a read more cut, but just know I have a lot of thoughts. This is a long post. Continue reading