- Tap the Settings icon on your Android device.
- Tap the Connections option in the list.
- Press Wi-Fi.
- Make sure your Wi-Fi is connected.
Once you see that the internet connection is working, try opening the VPN again to see if you have any problems with it.
3. Upgrading of telephone system
It’s no surprise that many Android and iOS users don’t update their devices to the latest available software version as often as they should.
However, keep in mind that updating your smartphone’s operating system addresses security issues and improves the overall performance of your device.
If you are experiencing issues with your VPN, updating your device may resolve these issues, so follow these steps:
- Tap the Settings icon on your Android smartphone.
- Tap Software Update in the list.
- Choose whether to update the software manually or automatically.
4. Set the date and time correctly on your phone.
If you can’t connect to the VPN app or it crashes, the date or time on your phone is probably set incorrectly.
Make sure the region and time zone set in your Orbot account match those of your smartphone.
Remember that applications need an accurate clock to work properly (a few minutes is not a problem, but a few hours is problematic).
To set the date and time on your phone : 1 :
- Tap the Settings icon on your Android smartphone.
- Click on the General Management option in the list.
- Click on the Date and Time option in the General Administration list.
- In the Date and Time area, click the Automatic date and time option.
- Set the date, time and time zone with the automatic date and time function.
5. Forced application shutdown
Run a system check for errors
Press Start Scan to find problems with Windows.
Press Repair Everything to fix problems with proprietary technologies.
Run a PC scan with Restoro Repair Tool to find errors that cause security problems and slowdowns. Once the scan is complete, the repair process replaces the damaged files with new files and Windows components.
The easiest way to fix a broken application on your Android smartphone is to stop and reopen it.
Follow the steps below to do this:
- Tap the Settings option on your Android smartphone.
- Scroll through the settings to find the applications in the list.
- Click on Apps.
- Find Orbot in the list of applications and click on it.
- Click the Force Shutdown button in the Orbital Application Information window.
6. Delete data to be stored in the Orbot application
If your Orbot VPN does not start or even stops working, the cached data may be too large and you should consider deleting it.
Removing data from the repository is usually useful if the application has bugs and leaves you vulnerable to security risks. In such a scenario, it is helpful to follow the steps below:
- Follow the previous solution until you get to the Orbot app on your Android smartphone.
- On the Application Information screen, tap Memory.
- On the Storage screen, tap Clear Data.
7. Orbot application update
Sometimes the installed apps on your phone may freeze or crash unexpectedly and you should consider updating them.
Application updates add new features, fix issues with the current version, and improve the user experience.
You will find that the latest versions of the application work perfectly and you will not experience any dropped connections or other problems. So it is best to check the Orbot application for the latest version.
Follow the steps below to update the Orbot application:
- Open Google Play on your smartphone and search for Orbot : Thor application for Android.
- From the Orbot screen, press the Refresh button.
8. Reinstall Orbot application
Faulty applications are often caused by damage to the applications themselves, but with a few troubleshooting instructions, you can fix them immediately.
If none of the above solutions work, try reinstalling the application. To do this, check the following steps:
- Clear the Orbot application cache by following the steps in solution #. 6.
- Follow the steps in solution #5 until you get to the application information screen and click Uninstall.
- After removing the application from your device, reinstall Orbot: Thor for Android from the Google Play Store.
9. Disable other VPNs on your phone
The Android system does not allow more than one active VPN at a time.
If your smartphone is already connected to a VPN, make sure other VPNs are disabled before trying to connect to Orbot.
On Android 7 and above, there is a VPN feature that is always active. If this option is enabled for another VPN installed on your smartphone, the connection to Orbot will be blocked.
To resolve this issue, disable the Alwaysays-on VPN option by following these steps:
- Open the phone settings.
- Click on More Connections.
- On the Other Connections screen, click VPN.
- Long click on the VPN name in the list and click on the Edit option.
- Disable VPN Always-on for all VPNs except Orbot.
10. Connection to another network
If Orbot VPN still doesn’t work, try switching to hotspot or mobile data.
- On the other Android smartphone, tap the Settings icon.
- On the Settings screen, tap Mobile hotspot. You will see a message on your screen. Tap the notification to set up the mobile hotspot.
- Enter the password provided by Mobile Hotspot and follow the on-screen instructions.
11. Contact your internet service provider
If the above steps don’t solve your problem, you can contact your internet service provider to find out what router settings are blocking your VPN connection to Orbot.
After you test the solutions we’ve outlined in this troubleshooting guide, you should be able to resolve the issue.
You may need to update, uninstall or even force shut down your Orbot VPN for it to work correctly.
Sometimes connection issues on your phone or a delayed system update cause the application to be unresponsive or slow.
Whatever the cause, applications that freeze become a major source of frustration for technology, but luckily there are a few ways to get them up and running again.
Is there another problem?
Repair them with this tool:
- Download this PC recovery tool excellent review from TrustPilot.com (can be downloaded from this page).
- Click on the Start Scan button to scan for Windows issues that may be causing the PC problems.
- Click Restore All to fix patented technology problems (exclusive discount for our readers).
Restoro was downloaded by 0 readers this month.
orbot not working 2020tor browser not working androidorbot vpn not connectingorbot vpn modeorbot not connecting to tor networkvpn tor: not necessarily a net gain,People also search for,vpn settings,use of vpn,best free vpn for android,best vpn,orbot not working 2020,tor browser not working android,orbot vpn not connecting,orbot vpn mode