Menu item and details.
- Configure Facebook comment settings
- Disable comments in a Facebook post
- Step two:
- To disable comments on previous posts
- How do you disable comments on your Facebook page?
- To disable comments Final thoughts
- Facebook – How do I disable comments?
Reading time: ~ 4 minutes
How can I quickly and easily disable comments on Facebook? Unfortunately, Facebook does not give users the option to permanently disable comments. However, there is a way around this problem. Facebook is a great platform to connect with friends, family and even people you don’t know.
But it can also be a difficult place for its users, where everyone’s opinion is sought. Sometimes you get comments on a post which makes you look for ways to disable comments on Facebook.
Unfortunately, Facebook does not give users the option to permanently disable comments.
However, there is a way around this problem. In this article we will show you how to disable comments on Facebook; read on!
We look at tips to reduce the constant stream of comments on your Facebook posts.
If you have a lot of friends, followers or any other kind of audience on Facebook, you will understand that having a Facebook account can be a real headache. Almost anyone can comment on anything in your post, which can be embarrassing.
However, you still have the option to turn off Facebook notifications and have some privacy. But if you’d rather get rid of those pesky comments for good, there’s a way to enhance your privacy. Let’s have a look!
With the following steps, you can finally disable comments on your articles:
Step one: As we all know, Facebook doesn’t offer an option to hide or disable comments; we have to improvise.
When you upload something to Facebook, you can select the group of people you want to see and interact with. When almost anyone is allowed to comment on your article, there is a chance of distracting comments.
To restrict your messages to those who can interact with them
- Log in to your account.
- Create a post with text, images, video or anything else.
- Before you upload content to your story or News Feed, you should change your privacy settings.
- On the far right in the Your Story and News Feed section, you will see a window that defaults to Public.
- Click on Public and select More.
You will be given a short list of different groups to share your message with.
The Public option makes your post visible to all Facebook users; the Friends option makes it visible only to people on your Friends list.
If you want your post to be visible only to people on your Friends list, you can click Exclude Friends.
A pop-up window opens and displays a list of all your friends with the search field at the top.
You can always search for specific friends you’d rather not see and click the – icon next to their name, then click Save Changes in the bottom right corner of the window.
The people you select will not be able to see, comment on or participate in your post. The same goes for people who are not your friends on Facebook.
If you prefer that only a specific group of people see your messages, you can click the Specific Friends button to open the Friends list.
You can repeat the process and select the friends you want by clicking the icon next to their name and clicking Save Changes.
If you do not want anyone to see your message, select Only me.
Finally you can click on Send.
After this step, the names you have clicked on and strangers will no longer be able to see your post, comment on it or interact with it, even if they visit your Timeline. You can see that people have responded to and commented on the article, but you cannot comment on it or respond to it in any way. Instead, they would see: We are sorry, but this content is currently unavailable.
This is almost the same as creating a new post, except you need to find a specific post and do the following:
Scroll down to the timestamp above the post in your
Nest timeline, and you’ll see a little globe icon that tells you the post is publicly available.
Click the small arrow and repeat the steps above to limit who can see and participate in that particular message.
This is a reliable way to disable comments on your Facebook posts, as it also hides the post from viewers. However, this is the best option until Facebook provides us with the Hide Reactions option. Individual comments can be hidden or deleted, but that doesn’t stop people from reposting their nasty or disgusting comments where they’re not needed.
- Click Settings, at the top right corner of your Facebook page.
- Go to the General tab and find the page moderation section.
- Click on Edit on the right.
- A keyword field has been added to the page moderation section.
- In this field you can enter words that should not be mentioned on your page, for example B. Racist terms, swear words, etc. These words are blocked.
- There is a limit of 10,000 characters you can enter, but no word limit.
- You can also upload a CSV file with a list of keywords and then click Save Changes.
It’s still unclear why Facebook hasn’t given users the option to hide or disable comments, since they do have them on other social media platforms. On Instagram, you can easily disable comments by clicking on the three dots above your post, where you’ll find the option to disable comments.
All we can do is manage the option we have, and we hope Facebook rolls out this feature soon.
Download Facebook mp3 file How to switch off reactions 2021
How do I turn off comments on my profile picture?
You need to change your profile picture and set your privacy settings to Only Me.
What is most relevant on Facebook?
This means that the comments are ranked and you are more likely to see quality comments about you.
How to control who comments on Facebook
Click in the top right corner of Facebook.
1. Open Settings and Privacy, then tap Settings
2. Select the Public message option on the left.
3. Go to the Who can follow me page and make sure the Public option is selected.
4. Click the Edit button next to the publication’s comments.
5. Choose who can comment on your public posts.
Thanks for reading!
If you enjoyed this article, you should also check out this article:.
Feedback,how to disable comments on facebook page posts,how to disable comments on youtube,how to turn off comments on facebook post android,how to turn off comments on facebook post mobile,how to turn off comments on facebook group,how do i turn off comments and likes on facebook posts?,why can’t i turn off comments on my facebook post,how to block comments on facebook