The latest editions of Windows are famous for their bugs. Sometimes these bugs are known before the release of a new Windows version, but Microsoft still releases it. The error 0xa00f4246 is one of those bugs. That’s why I’m writing this article to help you if you are experiencing this error.
Cannot start the camera in Windows 10? Try these solutions
- Troubleshooting open equipment and devices
- Check the camera settings
- Changing the register
- Updating the webcam driver
First, try to resolve the issue with one of the Windows 10 troubleshooting utilities. They don’t always offer problem solving, but these tools are still worth mentioning.
Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter can provide some solutions for users trying to use the webcam with Camera and other UWP applications. Users can thus access this debugging feature.
- Press the shortcut key + Q on the Windows keyboard to open Cortana.
- Enter troubleshooting as a keyword in the Cortana search field.
- Select the Troubleshooting option in Settings to open the window shown in the following screenshot.
- Select the Windows Store application and click Run Troubleshooter to open the window below.
- Then perform the suggested troubleshooting actions.
Settings include settings that allow users to configure applications to access the webcam. Some users may need to adjust these settings to allow desired applications to use the camera. This way, users can control the camera settings.
- Press Enter here to search for Cortana.
- Enter the camera in the search field.
- Click Camera Privacy Settings to open the window shown in the screenshot below.
- First, make sure that the option to allow applications to access the camera is enabled. If not, enable this option.
- Make sure the application you want to use the webcam with is enabled in Select applications that access your camera.
- In addition, users may try to disable webcam applications they don’t need. This prevents conflicts with webcam applications.
Users have confirmed that the registry change fixes the 0xa00f4246 error in Windows 10. So changing the registry is probably one of the best solutions. Modify the register as follows.
- Right-click in the Start menu and select Run.
- Type regedit in Run and click OK to open the registry editor.
- Navigate to this registry path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWARE
MicrosoftWindows Media Foundation.
- Then, in the left pane of the Registry Editor, select Platform.
- Right-click on an empty spot on the right side of the Registry Editor window to open the context menu.
- Then select New > DWORD value (32 bits) from the pop-up menu.
- Then enter EnableFrameServerMode as the title for the new DWORD.
- Double-click EnableFrameServerMode to open the DWORD Edit window.
- Enter 0 in the Value Data field, as shown below.
- Choose OK to close the DWORD editing window.
- Then close the Registry Editor window.
- Restart Windows after editing the registry.
Error 0xa00f4246 can be caused by an outdated, missing or corrupt driver. The error message 0xa00f4246 reads as follows: If you’re sure your camera is connected and installed correctly, try checking if the drivers have been updated. This is one of the possible solutions mentioned in the error message.
To check if the webcam driver needs to be updated, add Driver Booster 6 to Windows. Click on the free download button on the Driver Booster 6 website to register the Driver Booster 6 installation wizard. Then add DB 6 to Windows using the installer.
After booting up, Driver Booster 6 will start scanning. When the program includes the webcam in the scan results, click the Update All button. The user can also click on the Refresh button, which is located to the right of the webcam bar.
So here is how users can resolve the 0xa00f4246 error in Windows 10. Editing the registry helps most users. If error 0xa00f4246 occurred after a Windows update, restoring the latest updates with System Restore may also solve the problem.
This source has been very much helpful in doing our research. Read more about 0xa00f4246(0xc00dabe7) and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix error code on Windows 10?
If you’re having a problem with Windows 10 Technical Preview, it usually means you’ve encountered a specific bug that the developers are working on fixing. If you’re running the 64-bit version of the Windows 10 Technical Preview, you can fix errors with a few simple steps: First, try to repair Windows by running the DISM.exe Utility. If that doesn’t fix the error, you’ll have to do a fresh install of the Technical Preview. If you’re a Windows 10 user, you’ve probably come across this error at one point or another: 0xA00F4246. The message itself isn’t very descriptive—you probably don’t even know what it means, which can make it difficult to solve. Fortunately, Windows 10 is pretty forgiving when it comes to dealing with this particular error code. The good news is that you don’t have to be familiar with it to solve it.
How do I fix error 0X800701B1?
You’ve probably come across this error while fixing your computer. The error 0X800701B1 is a common issue that can occur when you’re attempting to download a game, or play a game online. There are several reasons why it can happen. One of the most common causes is a virus or malware infection. Microsoft Windows users who have received 0x800701B1 error will be glad to know that it’s actually not a major error, but can be easily fixed. As the error message suggests, it’s caused by some mismatch between the network settings on your computer and the server where you’re trying to connect. This happens usually when you’re connecting to a network that you’ve never used before.
How do I fix Mediacapturefailedevent?
0xa00f4246 error retry failed – this is an error you may see if you try to launch a game or application and it fails. There are many reasons why this error can occur, but the most common reason is if you’re trying to launch a game or application that is saved on a memory card that you’ve removed from your system. The computer has been fine for weeks, but suddenly, the camera stopped working. When I try to snap a photo or make a video, the screen flashes briefly then a message pops up: Media capture failed. This is a pretty common problem that occurs when the camera or video card fails. You tried to take a picture or video using a device that used a Universal Serial Bus (USB) to connect to your computer. You upgraded to Windows 7 from a previous version of Windows and the camera device isn’t compatible with the version of Windows 7 you have installed. You recently installed a program or device that prevents the computer from using the camera. You turned off the camera device, removed the memory card from the camera, or turned off
Feedback,0xa00f4246 error retry failed0xa00f42880x887a0004 windows 100xa00f4246(0xc00dabe7)error 0xa00f429d microphone muted lenovoerror code 0xa00f429f,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,0xa00f4246 error retry failed,0xa00f4288,0x887a0004 windows 10,0xa00f4246(0xc00dabe7),how to fix error code 0xa00f429d microphone muted,error 0xa00f429d microphone muted lenovo,0xa00f42a0 scene switch failed 0x80004003,error code 0xa00f429f