Your old account is still there, but it’s not set as the default account, so you need to use it.
If you haven’t yet switched to Windows 10 or haven’t made any significant changes to your system, we recommend backing up your system.
To do this, you need to use backup software that makes a copy of your files and saves them to a secure location of your choice: USB or external hard drive.
If you have already done it and run into this problem, we recommend Paragon Backup&Recovery 16.
It is the leader in backup and recovery software, with many simple yet powerful features to protect and restore data when you make changes to your computer.
⇒ Buy Backup&Recovery Advanced now
It has a user-friendly interface and is easy to use. It backs up quickly (15 GB in about 5 minutes), but you need an external storage device to back up a large amount of data.
After upgrading to Windows 10, the letters on the hard drive may change for some reason. If you z. For example, if you have files that are on drive C, you can move them to the D:UsersYour_username folder on another partition of the hard drive.
To find missing files and folders, carefully check all partitions on the hard drive.
Many users have found that the second hard drive is not recognized. Here’s a quick guide to solving this annoying problem.
6. Disable quick start
- Press Windows + S and go to Power Options. Select Power Options from the list of results.
- Press the selection button, which does the on/off switch.
- Press Change settings not currently available and scroll to lock options.
- Clear the Enable quick start (recommended) check box and click Save changes.
Users have reported that Quick Start can sometimes be responsible for missing files and folders in Windows 10. To solve this problem, some users recommend disabling Quick Start by following the steps above.
7. Modifying indexing options
- Press Windows + S and enter the indexing options. Choose the indexing options from the list of results.
- When the Indexing Options window opens, click Advanced.
- Click the Index Settings tab and under Troubleshooting, click Create New.
If random files and folders disappear in Windows 10, you can change the indexing options.
8. Set the temporary folder as hidden and read-only.
- Find the folder with the missing files and right click on it. Select Properties from the menu.
- On the General tab, go to Attributes and check the Read-only and Hidden boxes.
- Click Apply and OK.
- Right-click again on the same folder and uncheck the Read-only and Hidden options.
- Click Apply and OK to save your changes.
- Enter the folder where you want the missing files to appear.
If files and folders disappear from a particular folder, the problem can sometimes be solved by setting that folder as hidden and read-only.
Before installing a hidden folder, make sure you can view the hidden files and folders. To see the hidden files and folders, see the second solution for detailed instructions.
9. Check the AppDataTemp folder.
Sometimes the missing files can be moved to the AppDataTemp folder. To recover the missing files and folders, go to C:UsersAppDataLocalTemp.
Some users have reported that the missing files are in the jbtempx-7895.ixx folder, but they are probably in a different folder on your computer, so you will have to search for them manually.
Note that you need to discover the hidden files and folders to access the AppData folder. See also the second solution for detailed instructions.
10. Check your hard disk
- Open this PC and find your hard drive. Right-click and select Properties.
- Click the Tools tab and then click Check Now. The hard disk is scanned for errors. Once the scan is complete, the hidden files and folders should be restored.
In some cases, files and folders may disappear if the index of the hard disk is damaged. To solve this problem, it is advisable to check the hard drive.
Missing files and folders can cause many problems. If you are experiencing similar problems, don’t hesitate to try some of our solutions.
frequently asked questions
Why do my files keep disappearing?
Why is my data missing?
Where are the hidden files and folders in Windows 10?
The windows… The view…
Feedback,folder disappeared windows 10all my files are gone windows 10how to find missing files in windows 10files disappeared from hard drivefiles missing after windows 10 update 2020folders disappeared from desktop windows 10,People also search for,files missing after windows 10 update 2020,folders disappeared from desktop windows 10,folder disappeared windows 10,file and folder names not showing in windows 10,all my files are gone windows 10,how to find missing files in windows 10,files missing after windows 10 update 2019,files disappeared from hard drive