7 cybersecurity best practices and 5 benefits of applying them.
Today, cybersecurity is essential to ensure that important data and information are protected on any device that accesses the Internet, whether at home or in the office. However, cyber security in business is even more necessary for the smooth running of the company as it helps prevent various problems such as information leakage and financial losses due to hacking of the organization’s accounts.
In this post, we want to remind you to be aware of Digital Fire and the best practices you can adopt to protect yourself from data thieves, both personally and in your business, and apply them in systems and in your personal mindset.
Cyber security is about protecting the data that businesses generate. It shall be implemented with a view to managing potential attacks that endanger information processed, stored and transported by information systems.
CYBER SECURITY IS THEREFORE AIMED AT MINIMISING THE RISK OF THREATS FROM THE INTERNET.
Most cyber-attacks take place in government and public entities, but hackers are also trying to crack our personal data, especially through the Internet of Things (IoT). Gmail regularly suffers from spikes. One of the best known is the leak of 5 million passwords on a Russian forum. JP Morgan Chase, one of the world’s largest banks, was not spared by hackers who gained access to 76 million homes and 7 million businesses; fortunately, accounts and assets were not compromised, the organization said. As an example, we mention an attack on the adult marriage and contact network, Ashley Madison, last July. According to the company, the personal and financial data of 37 million customers was exposed.
WHAT CAN WE DO TO PROTECT OURSELVES FROM HACKERS?
- Keep the computer programs we install up to date.
- Install an effective antivirus program.
- Conduct regular checks of our personal computers, tablets or smartphones.
- Disable automatic media playback in operating systems (Windows, Linux, etc.)
- Scan any hard drive or pen before using it on our PC.
- Analyze attachments that arrive by email, even if the sender is a proxy.
- Only visit safe sites and learn to distinguish fraudulent sites.
And if you are a company:
- Make staff aware of safety procedures through appropriate training.
- Regular audits of IT systems.
5 BENEFITS OF IMPLEMENTING SECURITY BEST PRACTICE
While we cannot guarantee that no hacker will fail in their attack, using these 7 good cyber security techniques will give you some benefit:
- You improve your company’s image with your customers.
- You can make better decisions about the technology investments you need to make.
- They monitor and measure safety incidents/accidents, so that these incidents can be better prevented.
- They know in advance the risks to which the company is exposed and limit their impact on the organisation.
- You have a system that allows you to act more quickly and effectively against possible attacks.
frequently asked questions
What are the benefits of good cyber security?
de-GB ‘ Cybersecurity ‘
What are the best practices in cybersecurity?
Best practice as a particle to…
What are the applications of cyber security?
applied cybersecurity cybersecurity …
benefits of working in cyber security,cyber security best practices 2020,benefits of studying cyber security,advantages of cyber security ppt,advantages of cyber security wikipedia,what are the advantages of cyber security,Feedback,Privacy settings,How Search works,cybersecurity best practices for employees,information security best practices standards and guidelines