In writing this season’s Castle recaps for TVOvermind, I want to keep track of the clues we’re being given with regard to Castle’s disappearance, crossing them off as we get resolution. So here’s a master post of clues as we build them.
Let’s crack this mystery Castle-style!
Clues up til now:
- Remember: “three people.” Castle was seen alone for the rest of the episode, but two people dragged him out of that car. Could Henry Jenkins have been one of those people?
- The money Castle took out for the wedding got used for the dumpster drop to trash the car. Who knew about the money? Was that the first thing they did when they grabbed Castle? Made him get the money—where was he holding it that it wasn’t being watched by the cops or the feds?
- Beckett tries Paris, no dice.
- Lanie’s check-in:
The 38 key sewn into the lining of his pants.Dengue fever, tropical climate. Grazed rib wound.
- Montreal, the Bank, the suspicious bank manager.
- Fake Henry Jenkins again— the willing amnesia, or so “Fenkins” (as Terri Edda Miller put it on Twitter) says.
- Where did Castle get those memory cards, camera? Was he doing something else with them before making the videos? Why were the videos so quickly done, who was he expecting to interrupt?
- Hollander’s Woods. February. 11-year-old Castle. What happened and why is it coming back to haunt him 30 years later?
Read my other Castle reviews and theories over at TVOvermind!